The Medical Education Leadership Forum was established in 2008 in order to educate medical society leadership on the current continuing medical education (CME) environment; identify and fill knowledge gaps; build competencies; refine protocols and best practices; and stimulate innovation in the area of CME and continuing professional development.
The goal of the Forum is to foster quality CME program development and service delivery models at the national, state and county medical society level.
- Build sustainable communication paths among medical societies, CME thought leaders, regulators and funders.
- Help medical societies develop partnerships that foster quality educational initiatives and quality patient care.
- Articulate and reinforce the role that medical societies play in maintaining professional standards for all medical professional education, including CME.
- Help ensure that medical societies provide CME that follows both the spirit and the letter of ACCME guidelines, includes measurable outcomes, and improves the quality of patient care that physicians deliver.
- Develop best practice models for CME education for use by medical societies.
- Translate new CME regulations into practical tools that help granting organizations and their grantees remain in compliance.
Kay A. Whalen, MBA, CAE, Chair
American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
Kenneth M. Slaw, PhD, Ex-Officio
Director, Department of Membership Director, Strategic Planning Initiatives
American Academy of Pediatrics
Paul D. Weber
Alliance for Continuing Medical Education
Dolores L. Green
Riverside County Medical Association
Ronald A. Henrichs, CAE
Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer
American Academy of Dermatology
Phillip Kokemueller, MS, CAE
Chief Learning Officer
American Society of Nephrology
Michael J. Zarski, JD
American Osteopathic Information Association
Director of Continuing Medical Education
MedChi, the Maryland State Medical Society
Joseph S. Green, PhD
Vice President/Chief Learning Officer
American College of Cardiology
Sarah Shimer, MPH
CME Program Administrator
Institute for Medical Quality
Suzanne Ziemnik, MEd
Vice President of Education and Assessment
American Society for Clinical Pathology
Alejandro Aparicio, MD, FACP
Director, Division of Continuing Physician Professional Development
American Medical Association
Kathleen Regnier, MA, MBA, Advisor
Deputy Chief Executive Officer
Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education