The AAMSE Nominating Committee is looking for the “best and the brightest” to serve on its Board of Directors. Please review the following information carefully. If you believe you are qualified, complete the online submission form by March 29, 2019. All information will be considered confidential and reviewed only by the Nominating Committee and Executive Director.
Nomination Committee Process:
The Nominating Committee will meet in April to review the applications and select a slate of candidates for consideration by the AAMSE membership during the AAMSE Annual Conference, July 24-26, 2019 in Pittsburgh, PA. All nominees will be notified before the slate of nominees is announced to the AAMSE membership.
The AAMSE Board of Directors is composed of nine directors and four officers. Directors are elected to three-year terms. View a full description of the Board of Directors position, Conflict of Interest Policy and Code of Ethics.
While any member is eligible to serve, preference will be given to members who demonstrated a commitment to AAMSE through past participation and will agree to the following guidelines:
- Past service on AAMSE committee(s) or task forces(s). Demonstrated leadership as a committee chair is desired. Also, attendance at recent AAMSE Annual conferences is preferred.
- Board experience in other member- or donor-based organizations (including non-profit groups).
- A willingness to represent the membership as a whole, think strategically, and work well in a team setting.
- Understands the legal responsibilities of a not-for-profit corporate director and agree/sign the AAMSE Conflict of Interest Disclosure policy.
- Will commit freely and willingly of their personal time and professional expertise for two in-person board meetings (includes one at the Annual Conference) and 6-8teleconference meetings per year, serve as board liaison to at least one committee, be regularly accessible via e-mail and will come prepared to all meetings.
- Please note, AAMSE pays for the lodging and meals at Board meetings not attached to the Annual Conference. Travel is the responsibility of the Board Member.
The Board of Directors application consists of the following items:
- One-page summary curriculum vitae. No CV longer than one page will be accepted.
- Description of your involvement in AAMSE, including volunteer and leadership roles.
- Listing of leadership positions in other organizations
- Personal statement
- Review and agreement to Board responsibilities and code of ethics
- Review and disclosure of any conflicts of interest
If this sounds like you, please complete the online submission below by March 29, 2019.
If you have any questions regarding board service or the nominating process, please contact Nominating Committee Chair Gene Ransom III at email@example.com, or Executive Director Darrin Hubbard at (651) 288-3432 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest!