Join an association uniquely positioned to provide medical society professionals with the tools, education, and peer connections needed to excel in the field of organized medicine.
The challenges facing medical societies have never been greater nor more complex. Being successful in the face of these challenges requires a strong support system of peers with whom you can share ideas and solutions. Your AAMSE membership provides you with that support system and offers the education, leadership development, resources, and collaboration you need to advance your career and lead your medical society forward.
Membership Classifications & Dues
Annual Dues: Determined by tier level
- National, national specialty, regional, state, state specialty, district or county medical societies comprising physicians or groups of physicians and organized as a professional medical society or association
- Association management companies that devote at least 50% of their time to the management of medical societies as defined above
Organization members select a membership tier depending on the number of FULL TIME staff the organization employs. The organization pays the annual dues rate associated with its tier level and all staff they sign up receive full member benefits.
# of Memberships Included
Total Annual Dues
|Tier 1 (restricted*)
*Only organizations that employ less than two total full-time staff qualify for Tier 1 membership. Organizations with two or more full-time staff that only wish to include one person in their AAMSE membership must sign up under the Individual Membership category (see below).
Join as an Organization Member
Annual Dues: $440
- A single staff person whose organization does not qualify for Tier 1 membership (employs two or more full-time staff) and does not wish to join under tiers 2-5
Join as an Individual Member
Annual Dues: $440
- Executives and staff working for medical association-related healthcare organizations
- Executives and staff of a PRO (Physician Review Organization)
- Consultants engaged in practices including, but not limited to: communications, financial services, legal, strategic planning, and technology
*Affiliate members may serve on AAMSE committees in a non-voting capacity.
Join as an Affiliate Member
**Industry Partner Membership
Annual Dues: $1,000
- Companies that have the potential to create a business relationship (i.e., vendors) with AAMSE member organizations (i.e., medical societies)
**Industry Partner members may only attend the AAMSE Annual Conference if they are exhibiting or sponsoring at a $2,500 level or higher. Non-members are not permitted to attend the conference in any capacity. Industry Partner members may serve on AAMSE committees in a non-voting capacity.
Join as an Industry Partner Member
Annual Dues: $40
- An active member at least 60 years of age who has retired from medical society management
- Emeritus members must have been active AAMSE members for at least 20 years, or have previously served on an AAMSE committee
Join as an Emeritus Member
Annual Dues: $40
- An active member who has retired from medical society management but does not qualify for Emeritus membership
- Retired members must have been active AAMSE members for at least 5 years
If you have questions about membership, contact the AAMSE Executive Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (651) 288-3432.
Join as a Retired Member
A guest membership provides a login to register for events and you will be put on our mailing list. It does not qualify as membership in AAMSE.
Register as a Guest/Non-Member
Note: The AAMSE dues cycle runs from January 1 through December 31. Organizations that join between July 1 and November 1 will pay one-half year’s dues. Organizations that join after November 1 will have their dues credited to the following calendar year.