September 16-17, 2019 | Rosemont, IL
2019 National Specialty CEO Summit
The AAMSE National Specialty CEO Summit is the only forum where National Specialty CEOs can get just-in-time insights & education around the current issues specialty societies are facing, and engage with their peers in a safe setting in stimulating discussion, problem solving, and sharing of best practices. The meeting is designed by specialty CEOs for CEOs.
The 2019 NS CEO Summit will be hosted by:
Society for Vascular Surgery | SVS
9400 W. Higgins Road, Suite 315
Rosemont, Illinois 60018
The SVS Office is located 3 miles from O’Hare International Airport (ORD) and .5 miles from the Rosemont CTA Station (Blue Line).
Please note: Only CEOs and interim CEOs of national and national specialty medical societies are eligible to attend this meeting.
A courtesy block has been secured at $199/night for attendees at:
Hampton Inn & Suites - Rosemont - Chicago/O'Hare
9480 W. Higgins Road
Rosemont, IL 60018
Phone: (847) 692-3000 | Direct: (224) 585-3711
Guests can call our hotel to make reservations and ask for the “AAMSE” rate (code ME1). Rooms are held through August 16.
The Hampton Inn is located across the street from the SVS offices.
AAMSE Member: $175
AAMSE Non-Member: $275
Social Dinner/Reception at off-site venue at 6
Programming and meals at SVS from 8-4
Session 1: BOARD DEVELOPMENT
- Strategies for keeping your board working at their highest level
- Sharing what wasn’t working and how your organization improved behavior. Some focus on what was incorporated into Board Orientation perhaps.
- How have you managed difficult or dominant Board members; those with their own agenda?
- Are there dashboards with high level information to keep members out of the weeds? Quarterly leadership updates to reduce # of Board meetings focused on just info sharing?
- How to achieve the right balance between staff & volunteer decision-making; developing the partnership
- Have you moved from popular vote to competency-based selection of board members; innovations with your nominating committee.
Session 2: STAFF DEVELOPMENT
- Succession planning for CEO and senior staff
- Are there innovative staffing models for today’s association and workforce
- How to know when staff is at capacity
- How do we develop staff to work with volunteers
- How to identify “emerging stars” in your organization and what resources are used to develop them
- Are there competency models for staff levels within your organization
Session 3: LEGAL TRENDS
- How to respond to subpoena? What are the impacts including liability insurance?
- How is the opioid crisis affecting the association industry?
- What are emerging legal issues for associations? GDPR Compliance
Session 4: BUSINESS/PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
- What new lines of business are you developing for innovation / to diversity your portfolio
- Products, programs, services, etc
- Go beyond enduring products from your annual conference
- How to get Board buy-in for innovation & investment
- Touch on new staffing models for new innovation of product lines
Session 5: HOT TOPICS
- Publication Industry:
- o Open Access Journals
- o European Plan S
- Vision Commission
- Social Media Strategies without dedicated expertise
- ASAE Research Study on Professional Development
- Board orientation
Thank you to our 2019 Summit Sponsors
Special Thank You to our 2019 NS CEO Summit Host
AAMSE Meetings Cancellation Policy: Full refunds will be given for cancellation up to 60 days prior to the opening day of the meeting minus a $50 administrative fee. Within 60 days prior to the opening day of the meeting, a 50% refund on the registration fee will be granted, minus a $50 administrative fee. No refunds will be given within seven days of the start of the meeting.
In instances where AAMSE must give an early guarantee, refunds will not be granted for events after the guarantee date, unless another replacement registrant has been signed up fill the vacancy. [June 1991, November 2009]
As a CAE Approved Provider educational program related to the CAE exam content outline, this program may be applied for credits toward your CAE application or renewal professional development requirements.
Note: This program is not endorsed, accredited, or affiliated with ASAE or the CAE program. Applicants may use any program that meets eligibility requirements in the specific time frame towards the exam application or renewal. There are no specific individual courses required as part of the applications – selection of eligible education is up to the applicant based on his/her needs.