Awards | Categories | Recognition | Rules and Guidelines | Application | Judging
The Profiles of Excellence Awards recognize outstanding achievements by medical societies in the following categories:
- Advocacy: submissions may include efforts that support or promote a cause and lead to legislative or regulatory changes on behalf of physician and/or patient interests.
- Communications: submissions may include communications initiatives that disseminate an important message or promote a medical society's mission through effective content and delivery methods.
- Education: submissions may include development and implementation of programs dedicated to the education and professional development of physicians and other healthcare professionals.
- Membership: submissions may include successful membership development, retention/recruitment campaigns or programs that enhance the medical society member's experience.
- Leadership: submissions may include the development and implementation of member leadership programs that create pathways for physician leadership at the county, state or national level and/or develop leadership competencies to meet the challenges of medicine. NEW For 2017!
Within each category, submissions will be judged in to groups: organizations with a budget up to $2,000,000 and organizations with a budget over $2,000,000.
A recipient in one of the four categories above will also be awarded the 2016 President's Award, presented by the AAMSE President.
The President's Award recipient will be announced at the AAMSE Annual Conference.